Few years ago I found this kind of culture from internet.
I was shocked and I can't really understand why they want to harm themselves.
So few years later I decided to look into it (not so deeply) through this course.
And I found out that most of them who practice this culture have facing a series of problems until they can bear them anymore. The society somehow has the responsibility for this.
Why I call this a culture instead of phenomena is because self-harm always happen on the people who are hyperstress or lonely enough. Anyone could have face these, not just some part of people.
Sketches are annoying, really. I've drawn lots of them but still can't find one is satisfying.
This is the first idea. I want to show that a guy was lost. No one care about him, about his feeling,he want to speak it out but don't know where to shout out.
Second idea. I want to show that this guy has been torturing by lots of problems like works,debts...etc.
A girl who has family problems. Her parents keep fighting with each other and always shout on her.
Another version of the idea just now.
A little bit changing on the last two ideas.
Finalize the second idea. I changed it into a boy who was alienated by his friends.
And this... is about the culture of non-mainstream. They just like to cut themselves for showing off purpose, obviously no connection with the ideas above so I just drop this.






No comments:
Post a Comment